Nikolay D. Zaitsev - Santa Lucia
"Petri nets are among the more interesting constructs in mathematics.
I have used them in the analysis of program flow and
Dmitri Zaitsev's book explores other properties of these unique and powerful constructs."
Vinton Cerf - President of ACM, Chief Internet Evangelist of Google
"Modeling mosquitoes and viruses by cellular automata and Petri nets" talk to 1st Online Conference on Society, Health and Economics, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain, May 19, 2021
"Speed-up Solving Linear Systems on Parallel Architectures via Aggregation of Clans" talk at LVEE 2019 ( Slides )
Erasmus+ talk at Barcelona Supercomputing Center "Speed-up Solving Linear Systems via Composition of Clans" (Info), Jan 31, 2019
Webinar "Sleptsov Net Computing: The Solution to Hyper-Computations Supporting Cybersecurity and Other Applications", Mar 28, 2018
Invited lecture at New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark - "Infinite Petri Nets"
Invited lecture at Stony Brook University, New York - "Sleptsov Net Computing"
- 1981-1986 Donetsk Polytechnic Institute (DPI), Applied Mathematics
- 1988-1991 post graduate course, DPI, Computer Science
- 1991 Academic Council of Kiev Cybernetics Institute Ac.Sci. Ukraine, Ph.D., Automated Control
- 2006 Academic Council of ONAT, Dr.Sci., Telecommunication Systems and Networks
- 1986-1996 DPI, Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics (AMI): 1986-1992 assistant professor, 1992-1996 associate professor; chief programmer in software development projects; system programmer; computer network administrator
- 1997-1998 Surgut State University, Department of Computer Science and Informatics, associate professor; chief of Network Technology Laboratory
- 1999-2003 Information and Computer Centre of Odessa Railway, leader engineer
- 2002-2006 ONAT, Department of Communication Networks, associate professor
- 2006- Professor
- March 2005 University Paris-Dauphine, invite professor
- 2009-2019 International Humanitarian University, Department of Computer Engineering, professor
- 2014-2019 Vistula University, Department of Computer Science, professor
- July-August 2015 Technical University of Dortmund, visiting professor, DAAD fellowship
- Autumn 2017 Innovative Computing Laboratory, University of Tennessee, USA, Visiting Professor (Fulbright Scholarship)
- July 2018 Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, Visiting Professor
- 2019- Odessa State Environmental University, Department of Information Technology, professor
- Recent projects:
"Analysis of computational grids efficiency via Colored Petri Nets" - Austria-Ukraine cooperation grant, 2013-2014;
"Production control with Petri nets" - China-Ukraine cooperation grant, 2011-2012;
"Developing New Addressing Systems for World-Wide Networks (?6)" - state grant, 2008-2009;
"Verification of Complex Networking Protocols", 2007-2008, grant NATO ICS.NUKR.CLG 982698;
"Simulating Backbone MPLS Networks", Ukrtelekom, 2007-2008
- Science: Petri Net Theory and Applications.
Senior Member of IEEE.
Senior Member of ACM.
Applications: analysis and synthesis of telecommunication networks, production management and control.
- Teaching work: Lectures: Networking Technology, Modeling of Systems and Networks, Operating Systems, System Software. Supervision of diploma works. Former lectures: Computer Networks, Information Technology, Data Bases, Discrete Mathematics, Packets of Applied Programs, section Petri nets in course Theoretical Foundations of Informatics. Practical and laboratory: Programming, System Programming, Theoretical Foundations of Computers, Theoretical Foundations of Informatics, Computer Graphics, Organisation of Computing Processes, Theory of Computer Systems.
- Software development: Chief programmer in development of enterprise management and control system "Opera-Topaz" - about 100 thousands lines of source code, C. Took part in development about four software systems of middle-high complexity (C, Pascal). Usage: Korolyova Corporation, Kiev; Motorsich Corporation, Zaporizhzhe; Topaz Corporation, Donetsk (producer of ?Kolchuga?). Programming languages: C, Pascal, Assemblers. DBMS: Oracle.
- Telecommunications and networks administration: Creation of Internet site surgu.wsnet.ru. Development of Internet site dgtu.donetsk.ua. Network and telecommunication equipment administration. Platforms: Sun SPARC/Solaris and other Unix; Cisco; MS Windows 9x/NT/2000.
- 1986 System Programmer of RSX11M (DEC), LIMTU, St.Petersburg
- 1994 Organisation of Business in HiTech, RPI (USA) in Kiev
- 1995 Internet and Web Technology, DEC in Apatity, Russia
- 2002 Administration of Modern OS and DBMS, DIIT, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
- Yachting, alpine ski, bridge, mahjong