Nikolay D. Zaitsev - Santa Lucia
"Petri nets are among the more interesting constructs in mathematics.
I have used them in the analysis of program flow and
Dmitri Zaitsev's book explores other properties of these unique and powerful constructs."
Vinton Cerf - President of ACM, Chief Internet Evangelist of Google
Delannoy numbers consist of Zaitsev numbers
Dmitry A. Zaitsev
Senior Member of the IEEE and ACM, Member of SIAM and GI
International Humanitarian University
Address: Fontanskaya Doroga, 33, Odessa 65009, Ukraine
Phone/Fax: +38 048 7153828
- 1981-1986 Donetsk Polytechnic Institute (DPI), Applied Mathematics
- 1988-1991 post graduate course, DPI, Computer Science
- 1991 Academic Council of Kiev Cybernetics Institute Ac.Sci. Ukraine, Ph.D., Automated Control
- 2006 Academic Council of ONAT, Dr.Sci., Telecommunication Systems and Networks
- 1986 System Programmer of RSX11M (DEC), LIMTU, St.Petersburg
- 1994 Organisation of Business in HiTech, RPI (USA) in Kiev
- 1995 Internet and Web Technology, DEC in Apatity, Russia
- 2002 Administration of Modern OS and DBMS, DIIT, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
- 1986-1996 DPI, Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics (AMI): 1986-1992 assistant professor, 1992-1996 associate professor; chief programmer in software development projects; system programmer; computer network administrator
- 1997-1998 Surgut State University, Department of Computer Science and Informatics, associate professor; chief of Network Technology Laboratory
- 1999-2003 Information and Computer Centre of Odessa Railway, leader engineer
- 2002-2006 ONAT, Department of Communication Networks, associate professor
- 2006- Professor
- March 2005 University Paris-Dauphine, invite professor
- 2009- International Humanitarian University, Department of Computer Engineering, professor
- July-August 2015 Technical University of Dortmund, visiting professor, DAAD fellowship
- Recent projects:
"Analysis of computational grids efficiency via Colored Petri Nets" - Austria-Ukraine cooperation grant, 2013-2014;
"Production control with Petri nets" - China-Ukraine cooperation grant, 2011-2012;
"Developing New Addressing Systems for World-Wide Networks (Å6)" - state grant, 2008-2009;
"Verification of Complex Networking Protocols", 2007-2008, grant NATO ICS.NUKR.CLG 982698;
"Simulating Backbone MPLS Networks", Ukrtelekom, 2007-2008
- Science: Petri Net Theory and Applications.
Senior Member of IEEE (90628551).
Senior Member of ACM (6127051).
Member of SIAM (S020000208).
Associate Member of GI (FG-40006).
Applications: analysis and synthesis of telecommunication networks, production management and control.
- Teaching work: Lectures: Networking Technology, Modeling of Systems and Networks, Operating Systems, System Software. Supervision of diploma works. Former lectures: Computer Networks, Information Technology, Data Bases, Discrete Mathematics, Packets of Applied Programs, section Petri nets in course Theoretical Foundations of Informatics. Practical and laboratory: Programming, System Programming, Theoretical Foundations of Computers, Theoretical Foundations of Informatics, Computer Graphics, Organisation of Computing Processes, Theory of Computer Systems.
- Software development: Chief programmer in development of enterprise management and control system "Opera-Topaz" - about 100 thousands lines of source code, C. Took part in development about four software systems of middle-high complexity (C, Pascal). Usage: Korolyova Corporation, Kiev; Motorsich Corporation, Zaporizhzhe; Topaz Corporation, Donetsk (producer of “Kolchuga”). Programming languages: C, Pascal, Assemblers. DBMS: Oracle.
- Telecommunications and networks administration: Creation of Internet site surgu.wsnet.ru. Development of Internet site dgtu.donetsk.ua. Network and telecommunication equipment administration. Platforms: Sun SPARC/Solaris and other Unix; Cisco; MS Windows 9x/NT/2000.
- Yachting, alpine ski, bridge