Nikolay D. Zaitsev - Santa Lucia
"Petri nets are among the more interesting constructs in mathematics.
I have used them in the analysis of program flow and
Dmitri Zaitsev's book explores other properties of these unique and powerful constructs."
Vinton Cerf - President of ACM, Chief Internet Evangelist of Google
Dmitry A. Zaitsev
Senior Member of the IEEE and ACM, Member of SIAM and GI
International Humanitarian University
Address: Fontanskaya Doroga, 33, Odessa 65009, Ukraine
Phone/Fax: +38 048 7153828
- 1981-1986 Donetsk Polytechnic Institute (DPI), Applied Mathematics
- 1988-1991 post graduate course, DPI, Computer Science
- 1991 Academic Council of Kiev Cybernetics Institute Ac.Sci. Ukraine, Ph.D., Automated Control
- 2006 Academic Council of ONAT, Dr.Sci., Telecommunication Systems and Networks
- 1986 System Programmer of RSX11M (DEC), LIMTU, St.Petersburg
- 1994 Organisation of Business in HiTech, RPI (USA) in Kiev
- 1995 Internet and Web Technology, DEC in Apatity, Russia
- 2002 Administration of Modern OS and DBMS, DIIT, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
- 1986-1996 DPI, Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics (AMI): 1986-1992 assistant professor, 1992-1996 associate professor; chief programmer in software development projects; system programmer; computer network administrator
- 1997-1998 Surgut State University, Department of Computer Science and Informatics, associate professor; chief of Network Technology Laboratory
- 1999-2003 Information and Computer Centre of Odessa Railway, leader engineer
- 2002-2006 ONAT, Department of Communication Networks, associate professor
- 2006- Professor
- March 2005 University Paris-Dauphine, invite professor
- 2009- International Humanitarian University, Department of Computer Engineering, professor
- July-August 2015 Technical University of Dortmund, visiting professor, DAAD fellowship
- Recent projects:
"Analysis of computational grids efficiency via Colored Petri Nets" - Austria-Ukraine cooperation grant, 2013-2014;
"Production control with Petri nets" - China-Ukraine cooperation grant, 2011-2012;
"Developing New Addressing Systems for World-Wide Networks (Å6)" - state grant, 2008-2009;
"Verification of Complex Networking Protocols", 2007-2008, grant NATO ICS.NUKR.CLG 982698;
"Simulating Backbone MPLS Networks", Ukrtelekom, 2007-2008
- Science: Petri Net Theory and Applications.
Senior Member of IEEE (90628551).
Senior Member of ACM (6127051).
Member of SIAM (S020000208).
Associate Member of GI (FG-40006).
Applications: analysis and synthesis of telecommunication networks, production management and control.
- Teaching work: Lectures: Networking Technology, Modeling of Systems and Networks, Operating Systems, System Software. Supervision of diploma works. Former lectures: Computer Networks, Information Technology, Data Bases, Discrete Mathematics, Packets of Applied Programs, section Petri nets in course Theoretical Foundations of Informatics. Practical and laboratory: Programming, System Programming, Theoretical Foundations of Computers, Theoretical Foundations of Informatics, Computer Graphics, Organisation of Computing Processes, Theory of Computer Systems.
- Software development: Chief programmer in development of enterprise management and control system "Opera-Topaz" - about 100 thousands lines of source code, C. Took part in development about four software systems of middle-high complexity (C, Pascal). Usage: Korolyova Corporation, Kiev; Motorsich Corporation, Zaporizhzhe; Topaz Corporation, Donetsk (producer of “Kolchuga”). Programming languages: C, Pascal, Assemblers. DBMS: Oracle.
- Telecommunications and networks administration: Creation of Internet site surgu.wsnet.ru. Development of Internet site dgtu.donetsk.ua. Network and telecommunication equipment administration. Platforms: Sun SPARC/Solaris and other Unix; Cisco; MS Windows 9x/NT/2000.
- Yachting, alpine ski, bridge